Megalisious Shar-pei story

“love for this great breed
Makes us better"


Our Home is located in the sunny island of Cyprus, our goal is producing healthy, fine quality shar-pei !

My name is Vladimiros and my shar-pei story begins in 1999 when i first met Bianca a young female shar-pei which was owned by my best friend’s family, It was love at the first Sight! From that moment I was all day with her, I was researching about the breed every day buying everything what had a shar-pei on it, I was addicted with this breed!
When Bianca had her first litter I couldn’t wait more to have my own pei baby. From that litter I got Betty I beautiful fawn brush coat female! Betty became the creature I love most from the first day she was born!
While she was growing up I realize that Betty was more than a pet dog, from the pics I had seen in the books and the internet I thought that why I shouldn’t try to go to a dog show with her.
So it started, at age 11 months Betty competed at a local international dog show,
Without having any other dog show experience, I was shaking from the moment that we arrived, I knew that winning was not in the program, but when the judge pointed us at the 4th place in the class something changed that time, after 5 minutes I saw the comments from the judge and I realized that next to me was sitting a quality dog, and the cherry for the cake came at the end, while everybody was leaving, I was sitting in a quiet place trying to understand more about the show, the Judge Mr. Paul Stanton came close to me and introduced him self to me, and started telling me how good my dog was and that she could win the class with just little work, and then he started advising me for 5-6 minutes, I thanked him and he left! that 5 minutes changed everythink!
When I went home I couldn’t believe what was happened. Strait away the next morning I started learning about dog shows more and more, I find I breeder in Nicosia Mrs. Sonia Philipou and I ask her to help me! And she did with happiness!
We started from the next day learning Betty how to stand and how to move in the show ring, under the advises of Sonia, Betty learned very fast! I also learned!
So the next Dog show 6 months later, after hard work we went to the show more confident and knowing more this time, I was sure that thinks was going to be better this time, and that what happened, this time 2nd place was awarded, and happy left from that dog show.
From the next dog show Betty is always at the first place of her classes! she became Multy Champion of Cyprus in the next year !
I also showed many dogs of other breeds and won classes, best of breeds and Group placements and Best in show placements too!

From the beginning of 2008 we are registered as kennel MEGALISIOUS shar-peis and we started from that time with a slogan being our philosophy “love for this great breed makes us better” and yes we are getting better and better.

To archive this purpose our cooperation with Gabri from the kennel Del Peodoro in Italy is crucial, Gabri trusted us with one of the best puppy of her, Piperita, a fawn horse coat female from Multy Ch. Elite’s Whiskey Bid’Niz and Multy Ch. Booboo Ballu Del Peodoro Two of my favorite dogs.

In 2009, after Piperita will arrive to Cuprus we will travel at the most known dog shows in Europe where you can meet us!

Also we will produce some fine quality puppies from Betty.

More dogs will be added to our family so our lines become better and better. Producing healthy show dogs for all of you is our purpose, and with love we will archive this!

This was how my shar-pei story begun and I wish that will continue for ever!


Many thanks:
to Mr. George Nikolaou o
wner of Bianca cause she was the first reason we started!
To Judge Mr. Paul Stanton because his pushed me in to all of this!
To Sonia Philipou who is still helping and su
pporting us.

TO breeder Zaro Gabriela for trust and love and for the most important addition for our kennel.
And to all the new owners who are loving our dogs!



Vladimiros Sambugasidis
Megalisious Shar-pei kennel